Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Linn County Residents Raise Their Taxes

Am I the only one who thinks that the residents of Linn County voting for a tax increase to help pay for the rebuilding effort after last year’s flood is a clear indication that their government has failed them? I’m sure that some people will argue with me and say that there was no serious opposition to local option sales tax initiative, but I don’t think the people really had an option. They need to rebuild their city.

To read the rest of the story please click here
.

1 comment:

  1. Krust, to literally answer your rhetorical question, personally I doubt you're the only one who'd want to interpret it that way. That said, when I heard the news this morning my immediate reaction was, well by golly, apparently a majority of we-the-people aren't angry tax haters in the way that activist Republican bloggers seem to be. Government isn't a villain to most of us after all.

    ReplyDelete